when i'm recording, the metronom is missing. in one menu i can regulating the volume of the metronom, but this feature has no effect.
Welcome to the forum and to the world of PS-04s...
Howard is (as always) perfectly correct, under condition that you want to hear the metronome after you recorded.
If you want to hear it while you are recording, try this:
1. Press they rhythm button. The metronome is a rhythm pattern played by the internal drum/bass machine.
2. The default rhythm pattern for a new project is 000, which is not a metronome. Use the alpha wheel and rotate backwards. The 4/4 metronome is pattern nbr 510 (one step "below" 000) and 3/4 is pattern 509.
3. Set the volume using fader nbr one (leftmost). There is no feedback on the screen when you do this, so you want to press the play button first to hear how loud it is.
4. Set the BPM using fader nbr 3 (steps of 10 BPM) and 4 (within those 10 BPM).
5. Press the exit button to get back to standard play/record mode.
Hope that helps. When you've done with your recording, put it on soundclick.com and notify us in the New Songs section of this forum!
N.B. fader nbr. 2 is used to set the bass level, but there are of course no bass sounds in the metronome patterns.
When I record, I find the standard metronome sound to be quite sharp and easy leaks into the recording (when using the internal microphone), so I usually create a pattern nbr 508 where I use hi-hat sounds instead. The process for this is a bit harder so start with the above and see how far you get.