A cover, alas.
not a true cover
Why I tagged it a Jam Track. Jam tracks are awesome for developing ideas and....having FUN!!
And my post is customized!
Did everything with my You Rock Guitar in Tap Mode:
1) Learned the rhythm guitar voicings EXACTLY how they sounded, charted it out, and recorded said guitar to the Walliman track.
2) Did a copy paste of the my rhythm guitars midi notes to a new track and found the synth I wanted instead of doing a mute guitar track like Walliman's. I then did some minor editing to make it a bit more pleasant as some of the voicings did not fit to well.
3) For the bass track I used a fretless patch and used a more voicied out and slightly more complex bass pattern than what Walliman had recorded.
4) Next I muted the original jam track and started the daunting task of finding some suitable drums and patterns. After wrestling w/EZ Drummers many choices for about an hour I finally tried Studio Drummer and quickly found what I thought was more than suitable, and similar to the original.
5) Lastly I tracked my lead over my newly built jam track and tweaked the mix for final mixdown.
I really wanted to do my own jam track for this and kinda make it more mine.
Thought of inviting David Gilmor
I thought your tone was more Waters. And I also thought you did a bang up job. Thanx for joining the party, Henk. Now ship me one of those Modernes!!
All three of you tore it up
Thanx, wood..what we like to hear!
The vid is super cool!
I was hoping someone would notice. I wanted to do a live performance vid, but just wasn't up for it. This one came out pretty cool though w/that animation!
should be a gathering on this one.
Well, I kinda put it together as a jam track for individual performance, but it's always doable as a collab! Hey, lets hear you on it, Madman Matty!!...no swearing though!
(for your potty mouth)!
guitar fan wrote:
David is a great artist.
Great...and CRAZY. His vids are sooo funny!
Probably prefer the guitary one to the saxy one.
Me too!! Sorry Mega!
Thanx for listening and commenting, 2wheels....especially since it's almost a cover!